Sep 18, 2012

To start the day with


"The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes 'Awww!'"


A couple of days back Serene showed me this trailer of On The Road and then today morning I happened to stumble upon these words while reading a web-interview. Coincidence. Now I have never read Jack Kerouac's writing before but something in those words speaks to me, so much that I am tempted to blog about it even before I get started with my work for the day. Hopefully the words will stick around in my head long enough and tempt me further to read the book before I watch the movie. I think one of these days I'll get around to cleaning the dust off this book that I can actually see out of the corner of my eye right now.

Piggy

No comments:

Post a Comment